Monday, September 16, 2013

W2

Using last weeks feedback, this week I wanted to do something that involved using my hands. After listening to the various versions of "Down in the Valley" and "You are my Sunshine"  I was left with feelings of contradictory happiness. Both songs elude to better times ahead in times of darkness or sorrow. I chose to channel the positivity and radiance that the the songs hint at. 

I went to the nearest physical space that uplifts me. That happens to be my backyard . From there I pulled the lively pink flowers and leaves off of a tree. The centerpiece of this project was the branch of green leaves with dead brown leaves at the center. This branch embodied both songs that are alive with sorrow. The pink leaves were symbolic of how it is so easy to look over the sorrowful undertones of these songs. I added penciled rays to the project for structure or what I thought might be an artistic element. 


No comments:

Post a Comment