Saturday, September 14, 2013

W1


I have to admit, I almost did not take this class because of the artistic component. I have never been good at drawing or being creative. Nevertheless I have always deeply admired art and I long to discover my artistic potential. With that said I figured this class could be a great launching pad to discover some of that potential. For the first project I focused on the song "You Are My Sunshine." I took a very literal view when I thought of how I might represent the song in a visual presentation. I used my little dog Bella who is the most beautiful, blissful and loving eight pound creature in the world (to me of course) and put her up against a yellow background using Photoshop. Even though the work was very simple I did like its outcome. However, I do agree with what Professor Dubvosky pointed out, using a digital medium it served as a veil to my true novice artistic ability. Right: top Bella in Photoshop, bottom Bella in my mind

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth! This is the link to UNAM's Spanish school. http://www.cepe.unam.mx/
    Nos vemos!

    ReplyDelete